Parks & Recreation
Clinton Area Parks and Recreation is charged with the mission of enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of the City of Clinton. Today, this can be experienced in the 19 city parks encompassing 500 acres and 22 facilities, and in the over 170 recreation programs and activities designed for all ages.
Use this District Key, along with the color-coded bullets and our area maps to easily find your way!
• Canyon Creek
R.R. #2, Hwy. 136, Clinton, (563) 243-3534
• The Oaks Golf and Dining
3330 Harts Mill Road, Clinton, (563) 242-7032
• Fulton Country Club (Private)
20727 Cattail Road, Fulton IL (815) 589-2440
• Imperial Lanes
823 South Washington Blvd., Camanche,
• Plaza Bowl of Clinton
1119 North 2nd Street, Clinton, (563) 243-3032
• Triple Play
1601 9th Avenue, Fulton IL, (815) 589-3215
• Baker's Place
237 5th Ave. So., Clinton, (563) 241-9807
• Legends Sports Bar
2118 Harrison Dr., Clinton, (563) 243-4266
• Riverview Park
The "Discovery Recreational Trail" was originally constructed in 1986 and, with ongoing additions through the years, now extends 4.8 miles from Riverview Park north along the Mississippi River to Eagle Point Park. The trail is asphalt in some sections and concrete in others, offering walkers, joggers and bicycle riders a place to enjoy the river while they exercise or simply take a long, casual walk, watching the mighty Mississippi roll by.
• Great River Biking & Hiking Trail
This 62-mile trail extends from the Quad Cities through Albany, Fulton and thomson and on up to Savanna, Illinois where it connects with the Grand Illinois Trail across northern Illinois.
• Beckridge Hunting Preserve
944 613th Ave
Sabula, IA 52070
• Fishing access on the Mississippi River is available at Clinton's new handicapped-accessible fishing pier, located between 5th and 6th Avenue North on Riverview Drive, south of the Showboat Theatre. Access also available along the Discovery Trail that begins at Riverview Drive and 9th Avenue North. Fish that are indigenous to the Mississippi River in the Clinton area are: Bluegill, Sunfish, Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Channel Cat, Walleye, Sauger, Bullhead, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Flathead Catfish and Yellow Bass.
Public Boat Ramps
• 30th Avenue North & McKinley Street
• 25th Avenue North & Harding Street
• 9th Avenue North on Riverview Drive
• 19th Avenue South & Fifth Street
• The Clinton Marina, 511 Riverview Drive, (563) 242-3600, has 150 slips from 20 to 50 feet. Transients welcome, advance reservations recommended. It offers full-service amenities with shower rooms, laundry, gas and diesel, a pump-out station, a 4-lane boat launch and a boaters' store. The Candlelight Inn located on the 2nd floor of the marina building offers dining inside or out on the deck and has spectacular views of the Mississippi River. Courtesy slips for dining available, call ahead.
• A Recreation Vehicle (R/V) Park is located at 9th Avenue North and Riverview Drive. It is on a first-come, first-served basis. Facilities include electrical and water hookups, picnic tables, water, dump station and fire rings. In the immediate vicinity is a boat ramp, marina, professional theatre, swimming pool, tennis courts, professional Baseball and riverfront dining.
For more information, contact (563) 243-1260.
City of Clinton Parks
• Emma Young Park/Ericksen Center
1401 11th Ave. N. Acres: 148 Park area includes: ball fields, golf hitting area, gymnasium, tennis courts, cross-country skiing, fitness trails, hiking, bike trails, playground equipment, concession, lake area, picnic tables & grills, restrooms, shelters
• Eagle Point Park/Eagle Point Lodge
4101 N. 3rd St. Acres: 205
Park area includes: basketball, cross-country skiing, playground equipment, picnic tables & grills, restrooms, shelters
• Riverview Park
6th Ave. S. to 9th Ave. N. at River Acres: 65
Park area includes: ball fields, tennis, fitness trails, hiking, bike trails, playground equipment, swimming pool, bandshell, concession, picnic tables & grills, restrooms, shelters, theatre and a restaurant
• Lyons 4-Square Park
Main Ave. & Roosevelt St. Acres: 1.6 Park area includes: Bandshell
• Eagle Point Park Lodge is available to rent for parties, receptions, etc. You can rent half of it or the entire Lodge by the hour (2 hour minimum) or by the day. Call (563) 243-1260 for more information and/or to book the Lodge.